It might not seem natural to celebrate your status as a single mother when you’re faced with stressful situation and exhausted at the end of the day, but these hardships are just one more reason you can smile and pat yourself on the back for doing such as fine job.
- Single mothers are some of the toughest creatures on earth. If you have to raise children on your own, you wind up a strong woman. Not only do you work for the money, you spend it, pay bills with it and know all along that you are single-handedly providing for your most important assets. Not only are you tough, mothers are by nature gentle as well.
- Single mothers know their children best. If you are the primary adult in your child’s life, you know everything about that child. You were the one to see those first steps, and every gummy smile is just for you. And nobody but a mother knows just how rewarding that smile can be after a hard day at work.
- Single mothers are capable of moving mountains. Without another strong back to rely on, you simply pick up the mantle of parenthood yourself and get on with things. Not only can you change a light bulb and fix a leaking toilet, you’ll also show your son and daughter how to drive stick-shift as well as showing them the perfect brownie recipe.
- Single mothers are the perfect adult. You are dependable, punctual, the perfect multi-tasker, and still a great listener. You have to be – you’re a single mother.
- Single mothers will do anything for their children. When you don’t have the luxury of letting someone else take the reins on discipline and the other tough stuff that comes with raising children, you know in your soul that when your child grows up beautiful and strong, he is your creation – you made that beautiful being single-handedly against the odds.